Neurological Impact of COVID-19
As the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic evolves, healthcare providers and research experts are learning more about how the virus impacts people. Initially thought to primarily affect the respiratory system, it is now known to be linked to several neurological conditions, an important revelation that is given little media attention. According to a survey ASET conducted in December 2020, Neurodiagnostic technologists witnessed a range of neurological symptoms amongst patients who tested positive or under investigation for COVID-19.
There is growing research indicating the impact of COVID-19 on the brain. You can find some of these studies below.
- COVID-Related Inflammatory Syndrome Tied to Neurologic Symptoms in Kids
- How COVID-19 Attacks the Brain
- Neuropathological Features of Covid-19
- Neurologic Manifestations in Hospitalized Patients with COVID-19
- The Hidden Long-Term Cognitive Effects of COVID-19
- Presentations and Mechanisms of CNS Disorders Related to COVID-19
- Some Children With Covid-Related Syndrome Develop Neurological Symptoms
For more information, visit the ASET COVID-19 Resources, which includes a comprehensive kit for Neurodiagnostic technologists during the pandemic.