Neurodiagnostic Week Proclamations
Local (i.e. city, county, or state) proclamations—those that “proclaim” a specific day or week as “National Volunteer Week” for example—are a time-honored vehicle for securing government recognition of your program. Getting a proclamation is much easier than it might seem. Here are a few easy steps to follow:
- Create a draft of the proclamation language, for a model proclamation, click here.
- Determine who you need to send the proclamation request to. A simple phone call may put you in contact with the right individual or you can usually find their name, and email address from your city or state website.
- Send a letter of request, click here for an easy to follow template that can be customized to your specific needs.
- If you are planning an event at your hospital or company to celebrate Neurodiagnostic Week, invite them to attend and officially present the proclamation. Use this event and opportunity to also invite members from the press. Aim high: ask for the highest ranking official in the body to whom you are making your request.
- Address the official in your request letter and print the letter on your company letterhead. Most offices have a standard procedure for issuing proclamations and can be done easily if you cover all your bases.
- A proclamation is an excellent way to recognize your program and show its value to the community. It is also a great way to promote the profession to those who may not know what you do or to those interested in a career in Neurodiagnostic. Proclamations are not hard to get, now is the time to pursue this opportunity and proclaim April 14 - 20, 2019 as Neurodiagnostic Week!
- Send a thank-you e-mail or letter after your event.