International Organisation of Societies for Electrophysiological Technology (OSET)
OSET is an association composed of national societies or groups of societies of Electrophysiological Technology. It was inaugurated in Amsterdam in 1977. The purpose of OSET is to strive, in all countries, to promote education and the attainment of the highest level of knowledge and understanding in the field of Electrophysiological Technology. The term “electrophysiology” shall not be interpreted in a restrictive sense. To that end, the mission of OSET is to:
- Foster the goals of all Member Societies and encourage scientific research, investigation and demonstration in the field of Electrophysiological Technology.
- Improve the quality of instruction and teaching programmes in the professions dealing with Electrophysiological Technology.
- Supply information to, operate with, and advise through its committees, any society, institution or individual interested in the field of Electrophysiological Technology and its development.
- Propose standards, agreements and regulations and give advice concerning criteria for the best instruction, qualification and certification of Electrophysiological Technologists or any person involved in the use of electrophysiological techniques.
- Establish and maintain an efficient collaboration with international and national learned societies, governmental and non-governmental organisations, professional associations and other groups, societies, institutions and individuals who contribute to progress in the field of Electrophysiological Technology.
To learn more about OSET click here