According to the World Health Organization, COVID-19 has now claimed over 500,000 American lives and more than 2.6 million lives worldwide as of March 2021. Since the start of the pandemic, Neurodiagnostic technologists have been working hard to provide patient care. This Neurodiagnostic Week, April 18-24, 2021, we celebrate them for remaining committed to the highest level of patient care despite the challenges they've endured. We owe each and every one of you a debt of gratitude.
SURVEY RESULTS: EXPERIENCES OF NEURODIAGNOSTIC TECHNOLOGISTS DURING COVID-19
Neurodiagnostic Week is coming to a close, but the challenges of COVID-19 continue. Healthcare providers and research experts are learning more about how the virus impacts people. Initially thought to primarily affect the respiratory system, it is now known to be linked to several neurological conditions, an important revelation that is given little media attention. According to a survey conducted by ASET, Neurodiagnostic technologists witnessed a range of neurological symptoms amongst patients who tested positive or were under investigation for COVID-19. In addition, the survey sheds light on the experiences of technologists during the pandemic. >> Learn More
STORIES OF NEURODIAGNOSTIC TECHNOLOGISTS
As we celebrate this special Week, we introduce personal stories highlighting the unique experiences of Neurodiagnostic professionals during the COVID-19 pandemic. Share these stories of resilience and innovation with your network. We also invite you to share your own story on social media with #NDweek.
- Weathering COVID-19 While Keeping Employees and Patients Safe
- An Inventor’s Guide from Product Conception to Market
- Agility and Innovation in Neurodiagnostics During COVID-19
- Using Innovative Technology to Thrive Globally During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- NextGen Neuro’s Leisha Osburn Shares Her COVID-19 Experience
- Our COVID-19 Experience at MPowerHealth
- How a Neurodiagnostic Technologist Worked Throughout the COVID-19 Outbreak
- All Tangled Up: The Life of a Neurodiagnostic Technologist During COVID-19
HOW TO CELEBRATE NEURODIAGNOSTIC WEEK
Donate to the ASET Foundation. >> Donate
Add the Facebook frame to your profile picture. >> Add Frame
Thank technologists with Neurodiagnostic Week merchandise. >> Get Merchandise
- Decorate your wall with the official Neurodiagnostic Week poster. >> Get Poster
- Join the conversation on social media with #NDweek by sharing your experience during COVID-19. And share your gratitude for Neurodiagnostic technologists with a photo of your favorite flowers.
- Use the communications toolkit to celebrate Neurodiagnostic Week with your staff, colleagues, and friends. >> Download Toolkit
NEUROLOGICAL IMPACT COVID-19
There is growing research indicating the impact of COVID-19 on the brain. We added some of these latest studies to the ASET COVID-19 Resources, which includes a comprehensive kit for Neurodiagnostic technologists during the pandemic. >> Learn More
BUY ONE, GET ONE FREE
As a token of appreciation, we extend a buy one, get one free offer on our May webinars. Under the title, Update on Adult EEG Terminology (presented by Lawrence Hirsch, M.D., FACNS) and Update on Standardized Neonatal EEG Terminology (presented by Alissa Finley, BS, R. EEG T., CLTM), each webinar awards 1 ASET CEU. >> Get One Free
We want to thank Ambu for sponsoring and supporting Neurodiagnostic Week.