ASET is seeking neurodiagnostic technologists who hold membership in the Society to serve in leadership positions on its Board of Trustees. Nominations are being sought to fill three Trustee positions. Self nominations are welcome!
The Benefits Package
- A direct role in advancing the neurodiagnostics profession
- Exposure to a wealth of personal and professional contacts
- Input on the future direction and programming of your Society
- Opportunity to exchange ideas and perspectives with other volunteer leaders
- Must be actively engaged in the practice (clinical, research, management or education) of neurodiagnostics or neurophysiology for at least six months preceding installation of office
- Must be an Active member in good standing who has maintained membership for three out of the five years immediately preceding the election. (Institutional members are eligible for nomination to the office of trustee if they upgrade to the Active member class by the nomination deadline.)
- At the time of installation and during term of office, no officer or trustee shall serve on any other health care board at the national level. (This restriction does not apply to service on boards of national public charities or private foundations in the health care field.
- Strong background in committee and volunteer work -- either with ASET or other professional organizations
- Demonstrated commitment to ASET and the profession
- Graduation from the ASET|ABRET Joint Leadership Academy preferred
Members can self-nominate him or herself for the position of Trustee or be nominated by another member in good standing. There is no form or paperwork required to nominate yourself or another member. All you need do is notify the Executive Director of your interest in running for office, or provide the name of the member who you are nominating. The deadline for nominations is February 28, 2018
. In cases where the criteria for nomination have been met, individuals are invited to complete a board candidate packet. As referenced in the candidate packet, a letter of support from a current ASET member, a letter of support from your supervisor or employer, a recent photograph, a completed and signed ASET Code of Conduct Compliance Statement and Commitment to Serve statement, and the names of two individuals willing to serve as third-party leadership references must accompany the candidate profile form. To be considered for nomination, completed candidate packets must be received by the ASET Executive Director by March 15, 2018
The 2018 Board Candidate Packet
is available for download as a Word file for your use. If you have any questions regarding the nomination and election process, please contact Arlen Reimnitz, ASET Executive Director, at arlenaset.org
or 816.931.1120, ext. 101.